Tuesday, August 11, 2009

Turn, turn, turn

I feel like my life is similar to the lyrics of The Bryds song- Turn! Turn! Turn!

My summer is coming to a close, but also is the season of me not working full-time. In many ways, I'd lived in the lap of luxury, not working full-time for the last 10 months. It's been a great season of rest, relaxation, travel, and change. I would not have been able to do a lot of the things I have the last few months, if I had been working. I really hope this season that is ending will serve a great purpose: that I can start a fresh school year with a good attitude, and rested to the max! I am able to start working in my classroom pretty shortly, which I am excited about...but also a little nervous about starting work again. I've been so spoiled! To everything- turn, turn, turn...


To everything - turn, turn, turn
There is a season - turn, turn, turn
And a time for every purpose under heaven

A time to be born, a time to die
A time to plant, a time to reap
A time to kill, a time to heal
A time to laugh, a time to weep

To everything - turn, turn, turn
There is a season - turn, turn, turn
And a time for every purpose under heaven

A time to build up, a time to break down
A time to dance, a time to mourn
A time to cast away stones
A time to gather stones together

To everything - turn, turn, turn
There is a season - turn, turn, turn
And a time for every purpose under heaven

A time of war, a time of peace
A time of love, a time of hate
A time you may embrace
A time to refrain from embracing

To everything - turn, turn, turn
There is a season - turn, turn, turn
And a time for every purpose under heaven

A time to gain, a time to lose
A time to rend, a time to sew
A time to love, a time to hate
A time of peace, I swear it's not too late!

No comments: