Sunday, November 1, 2009

Finishing strong

The series our church just concluded today is called DEEP. It's all about how to be 'deeper' in life, but specifically in your relationship with God. It's been a great series, because it's so applicable towards life!

Today's talk was about finishing strong, and focusing on the prize. Although I've heard this preached many times, it clicked today. Rob said that there are a lot of things in his life that he's happy with, but those things didn't start out easy, or good. He said that a lot of things that are currently going well may have had a rocky start in our life, which is true for me as well! Not everything starts off easy, or without effort being put in. Beginnings can be tough, and discouraging.

I find myself applying this to John and I trying to start a family. Although I know God will bless us one day with a child; our start to the journey has been rocky, depressing, tearful, and discouraging. Rob taught me today that it's far more important to keep my eyes on the end result, instead of the day-to-day 'stuff'. My version of the message is not nearly as eloquent as his, but it rang true.

I am so glad that John and I go to a church that is always challenging us in our relationship with God, and others. I like that my church tries to keep things spicy!

1 comment:

Rob said...

Thanks Leah! I'm glad God spoke to you.