Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Spray paint, $1 frames, and ribbon

When I found out we were having a girl, I started to think about how I wanted her room to look, and what kind of 'feel' I wanted it to have. I'm not really a pink person, so I knew early on that I didn't want to have the walls be pink, but instead to paint the walls a neutral color- tan/caramel, and then use pink and other colors as accents. Her bedding is a mix of pink, yellow, tan, green, blue, and chocolate brown...I know, sounds crazy but it's precious! (Thanks Darleen and Amber for buying it for us!)

I decided I wanted to spray paint picture frames of all different sizes, and hang them from different colored ribbon. That way, color will come from the frames, and not from the wall itself.

It was a really simple project, and I am SO happy with how they turned out! I got a bunch of crappy frames from the dollar store, spray painted them, and hot glued ribbon to the back of the frame to add some color. So simple, and something I think will look adorable in her room.


Pink frame with green polka dot ribbon


Chocolate brown and green frames with polka dot ribbon

Her bedding...not her room, just a picture of what the bedding looks like

2 comments:

The DeLongchamp Family said...

very cute! decorating the room is so fun!

BetnyNonnie said...

Love the frames! Good work! And I LOVE the bedding SOOOO much! So sweet!