So we are almost two months into being parents of two kids, and I'd say I think I have a rhythm. Maybe...
Thank goodness Avery has a good routine, and hasn't wavered from it much since Lucy entered the picture. She wakes up around 7:30am, take a 2-3 hr afternoon nap, and goes to sleep around 8:30pm. She has adjusted pretty well to all the changes that bringing a baby home include. She's not acting out, but her regular personality traits (strong willed, active, mischievous...) are just heightened!
Lucy has a good schedule, too! She eats every 3 hrs, and sleeps between 8-9 hrs at night (aaammmaaazzziiinnnggggg!). I am SO thankful to have another good eater/sleeper on my hands! She definitely has a 'fussy time' of day, which is between 6-9pm. Unfortunately that's during dinner, bath time, and bedtime :( It usually gets pretty hectic and tense around here during those three hours, but we're working through it.
From the beginning, I told myself to stick to two important commitments: going to church every week, and going to small group every week. I don't want to miss either of those things. We go to church Saturday night, so it makes Sunday much more relaxed. I'm thankful both girls do well in the nursery/toddler room at church! It allows us to focus much more on why we're there!
I've been getting out more lately, too! Nothing too wild and crazy. Errands, a friend's house, the gym (not with Lucy yet, she's still too little), and the library.
I am SO thankful that I get to stay at home with the girls, and enjoy sweet moments with them. Don't get me wrong, there are plenty of days I wish to be in an office somewhere filing paperwork, but I realize that my position as a stay at home Mom is a blessing and a luxury.
We just had our last meal brought to us last Friday. Yup! That's right...7 weeks of meals! We are so blessed! I cooked meals in between the meals brought, but now that we have no more meals being brought, I'm on my own again :)
Overall, I'd say we're doing well! When I have bad days (and boy, do I ever!), I just remind myself that this is a short season of life, and that it will pass. I try to remind myself that one day, I'll actually miss this craziness :)
Here are some pictures from the last few weeks.
No comments:
Post a Comment