The definition of perspective is how you see things. Having perspective is so important, whether it's in marriage, parenting, your job, or relationships! In my current stage of life in parenting, it is so easy to lose perspective on things, and just think this is how things will always be (sleepless nights, temper tantrums, etc.), but I know that isn't the case. I know that this is a stage of life, and it will end one day. In fact, I have a feeling I will really miss this stage one day. I will miss cuddling Lucy at 2am. I will miss the tearful I'm sorry's from Avery after she's been naughty. And one day, when they are yelling at me from their room after just being grounded, I'm going to wish my biggest problem was whether they took a good nap that day!
Perspective.
You're not able to get a Starbucks this week on your way to work because you're running late, and you're upset about it. There's a woman a few offices down who can't buy groceries this week. Perspective.
Your child has been on a good schedule for weeks, and all of a sudden has decided to stop taking an afternoon nap. There's a mom who just visited her sick child in the hospital.
Perspective.
You and your husband haven't had date night in a while because of a busy calendar. There's a couple down the street who are in the midst of messy divorce and the kids are the ones paying for it.
Perspective.
Sometimes I get in the rut of feeling sorry for myself when things aren't going well, or aren't going the way I want them to and then I always have to remind myself that this is a season, and all seasons end...even the good ones! Praise God that this life is not all we have! It's just a snap of a finger in the grand scheme of things.
No comments:
Post a Comment