I made Oatmeal Raisin cookies earlier this week, and they turned out pretty good, but the first dozen got badly burned because my oven is possessed! I'll set it to a certain temperature, and then when I open the oven to put something in it to bake, the temperature goes way, or way down. I don't mean a little degree or two here and there, I mean up or down about 150 degrees!
I found a great recipe called Raspberry Almond Thumbprint Shortcake Cookies (a long title...I know), and was all excited to make them today! Everything went great, until the actual baking part came in. The oven was already pre-heated and set to go. I put the cookies in at 350 degrees, and set the times for 14 minutes. When the timer went off, I checked on the cookies and they were still all dough, and the temperature was down to 150 degrees! Another example of my oven being possessed! I turned the oven off, and let it chill for a little bit. I then turned it back on to 350 to preheat. When it was all set, I put the cookies in again, and set the timer for 14 minutes. When the timer went off, I came in to get the cookies, and it was bad...so bad! There was smoke coming our of the oven, and the raspberry preserves was like molten hot lava! Some of the cookies made it, but most did not. The temperature was at 500 degrees! What the *&$ is that? Anyway, John came home and tried to eat some to make me feel better, but the poor guy choked on the burnt cookies.
So, all in all, my oven and I are not on speaking terms!
John being a good boy, and trying out the cookies.
1 comment:
That is so funny I have tears in my eyes. I gave up baking a long time ago. All I will do now premade cookie dough and I usually still burn that. I made some for the youth group boys before they came over but since all the cookies burnt they had to endure the Bible study just smelling cookies. Dan had to convince them it wasn't okay to fish the burnt cookies out of the trash. OY!
Post a Comment