
I usually hate being a slave to things...my attitude, my past, relationships, work, and the list can go on.
However...there is something that I do NOT mind being a slave to, and that is the Twilight series. I'm now reading the fourth, and last book, and I'm loving every minute of it! An addiction, where I hate putting it down, and hate that my life gets in the way of my new love-affair. I read the first one over Christmas, and the second and third over the weekend. I'm not working at the moment, so I can somewhat spend all of my time reading the books without feeling guilty that my life is in second place. Haha!
When I read these books, I drift into a whole different world, and I have to admit...I love it! I've talked to a lot of other people (mostly women) who feel the same way, so I feel a little more 'normal'. I like this world that I drift into, it's so much more attractive and interesting than the daily life I live. That's what books are good for, right? Taking you away, allowing you to escape...freely. If you have not yet read the series, I highly recommend it! Such an easy read, that scarfs you in!
1 comment:
I loved the series as well. The author took some of her favorite classics and twisted them into the series. Romeo and Juliet, Wuthering Heights, The merchant of Venice and a midsummers night dream, I think are the ones she mentioned. Anyway, I loved being wrapped up in a story as well. The movie doesn't do the book justice, but it's entertaining I guess. Enjoy the rest of Breaking Dawn
Post a Comment