I had a great Wednesday! First, I was offered a job as a 3rd grade classroom teacher...hooray!!!!! And second, we went to the most awesome concert of all time...Coldplay!!!
I had two interviews on Monday with Newport News Public Schools. I had interviewed with York County (the division I just left in November b/c we moved out of state), but even in the interviews they said that if any opening came available, they likely wouldn't even know until the end of August. If you know me...YIKES! Waiting to find out that I have a job the week of school is terrifying! I started thinking, and praying, and decided that I didn't want to pass up opportunities in Newport News (with the intention of getting back into York County), just to find out that I don't get hired. Anyway, I decided to apply to Newport News, and after interviewing, I was offered a position at Palmer Elementary. I am really excited! The school is really close to my house, about 10 min. away right on Oyster Point. I really feel as though this is an awesome gift from God, and I'm going to embrace it!
We went to Coldplay last night in Virginia Beach with a group of about 5 couples, and it was so much fun! Again, I'll post pictures as soon as I get the desk top running.
Yesterday was a great day! I love when you can say that with confidence, and nothing hidden behind the statement. 'How was your day?' 'Oh, it was great!'
No comments:
Post a Comment