Friday, April 9, 2010

Ant Invasion


How gross is this?!

This is only after like an hour of the gel being on these little cardboard tabs!!


About two weeks ago, John and started seeing a few ants here and there on the stretch of counter tops where the sink is in the kitchen. I went looking for Terro brand ant traps, but couldn't find them, and settled for a different brand. No big deal.

A few days later, they appeared in the dishwasher...gross! I had to douse the ants in a Clorox/water solution. It helped for a little bit, but then the ants came back! John took the dishwasher apart, and we found ants in the dryer vent in the dishwasher (weird)! While we had company, it was a HUGE pain in the neck, and we found ourselves running the dishwasher everyday, just to keep the ant down. (The ant traps clearly weren't working.)

I called Katey to remind me of the brand, which is Terro, and bought them this morning. It's a different way of killing the ants: you put a little drop of this gel ant killer on these little cardboard tabs, the ants eat the gel, bring it to their colonies, and all the ants die! I remember this working great last year when we had ants, so I was anxious to try it again.

I put the tabs, and gel down about two hours ago and it's creating an ANT INVASION already! Oh my goodness! I had to take pictures of it because it's pretty amazing how many came out of where ever they've been hiding.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I am going to the store now to buy some of that stuff for the kitchen AND our bathroom!