Wednesday, April 7, 2010

The next step...

I announced a few days ago that John and I are expecting a baby in October...and so far, all of our appointments and ultrasounds have been great! I still experience some amount of anxiety, doubt, and stress surrounding the pregnancy. Many people (including the doctors) have said that getting through the first trimester is HUGE, and that the chance of miscarrying is much lower, but...there is still a chance. I knew someone who went in for her 20 week appointment, and expecting to find out the sex of the baby that day, instead, they found out that she had miscarried. I know it's rare, but I'm sure my friend didn't think she'd be in that tiny percentage.

I guess the next step is to continue to pray continually (which I feel like I'm always doing!!) for Baby Bean, and his/her development. I am doing everything I can on my end to ensure a healthy 'home' for Baby Bean- taking my prenatal vitamins, finishing up the last of the progesterone hormones, eating well, and resting when I can...the rest is up to God!

If you feel lead, we would so appreciate your prayers throughout this entire pregnancy!

Prayer for the following:

* For a healthy baby to develop
* Good news at each appointment/ultrasound
* Peace for both John and I in between appointments
* More energy for Leah (the pregnancy and meds have been wiping me out!!)
* Allowing excitement to overcome Leah, instead of fear and nervousness

We'll continue to keep you posted along the way. Our next appointment is in about 3 1/2 weeks. We'll get to hear the baby's heartbeat, and they'll measure my belly.

3 comments:

Katie said...

Well, you know Dan and I are are praying for you. The excitement will come in time I promise. I didn't get excited until my doctor assured me I was at the point where Sarah would survive if born early. Don't be down on yourself about it, its only natural. I think you've proven your excitement in a different way by your pure desire and determination to get where you are and where you are going.:)

April said...

I take everything one day at a time. I had milestone moments. Her first ultrasound where we saw her heartbeat, then her 16 week check up where I heard it, then my 20 week where we met her for the first time moving all around. I think I relaxed a little at 20 weeks, and even more so now that I feel her move around everyday. You are going to worry no matter what,I worried through my both of my girl's pregnancies and I hadn't even had Eli yet. I am sure you will get excited in time. Blessings to you! We will pray for you all.

Anonymous said...

We will pray for you each day. This is wonderful news. Congratulations to both of you.
In Christ
Sally and Chas