Friday, June 18, 2010

The End

Another school year has come to an end, and I'm left wondering where time went!

This was an awesome school year, and I ended it the best way I knew how- a kickball tournament against a few classes in the grade level, and a BBQ the last day of school with a 4th grade class.

On Thursday (yesterday), we went outside around 11:00, and stayed out until about 1:45! The day was filled with hot dogs, watermelon, cookies, juice, chips, and Popsicles, kickball, free recess time, and good ol' tag! The students had a great time, and I enjoyed sitting back with a few fellow teachers watching the kids.

After walking my students to the bus for the last time, the whole staff lined up on the sidewalk and waved goodbye as the buses drove away. This always makes me tear up, and this year was no different! Watching the kids leave with huge smiles on their faces, and hands waving out the bus windows made me feel so blessed to be a teacher.

Not many people get to experience what it feels like to impact students. Not many people get to work with 20 (more or less) kids for 9 months on big, little, and in between skills that grow them in various areas of their lives. And not many people get to wave goodbye, knowing they're saying farewell to completely different kids than you said hello to in September.

I am so blessed.


No comments: