Oh my goodness, tonight was quite the night!
After tutoring, I decided that since I was already out, I'd run a few errands all within the same area. It started pouring, and I mean puring halfway through me running errands. I really didn't want to drive home on 64, because I could barely see three feet ahead of me, so I decided to pull into Hancock Fabrics, and look around for fabric for Avery's curtains.
I sat in the car for a few minutes, deliberating on whether or not I was brave enough to get out in the horrible rain. I told myself to just get over it, it's just water, and ran from my car to the front door of the store. Right as I was about to run into the store, I feel and caught myself before falling on my 7 month belly! It happened so quickly, but I remember putting my arms out to catch myself, and landed like a baseball player sliding into base- yikes!
I got myself up, and walked into the store looking, and feeling like a drowned rat! I was ok, until someone asked me if I was ok...then the waterworks started...and didn't stop! I called John to see if he could come pick me up, and drive me home, but he was at the gym and didn't answer. I stood in the store, sore and feeling really uncomfortable from the fall, crying all by myself (feel sorry for me yet? haha!) I decided to call the doctor, and she said I could go to the hospital, but unless there was bleeding, I would be ok. I decided it wasn't serious enough to go to the hospital, and just waited in the store for John to call. I could not get a hold of myself- and just kept crying! Probably a mix of pain, hormones, and frustration.
John finally called me after getting out of the gym, and told me he'd be there right away (it's only like 5 minutes down the road). Because of the horrible rain, it ended up taking him about 35 minutes. When he pulled into the parking lot, he drove through a really shallow part, and his car got stuck, and flooded! It wouldn't start, and John was stuck in 3 feet deep water- double yikes!
He called AAA, and they said they'd be there as soon as they could. I imagine there were a lot of calls going through to AAA because of the flooding. He walked out of the car very unhappy looking, and while walking his flip flops floated away- triple yikes! I couldn't stop laughing...which was actually really painful!
We decided to grab dinner across the street while waiting for AAA. We laughed a lot about the situation, because in actuality- it was hilarious. Both of us took turns bursting out into spontaneous laughter while eating dinner. Stuff like this seems to only happen to us!
Soooo, the story ends with AAA towing John's car home, me with a really sore belly, side, and back, and the car not starting. Boy, oh, boy!
I am so thankful for a husband who can laugh through situations like this, and make the best of it!
2 comments:
And that is we we love you guys. :)
That is a fabulous story! Hilarious and SO sad all at the same time. Bless your heart, Leah! Glad you are okay now!
Post a Comment