Monday, February 7, 2011

Change of scenery





At around a month old, the doctor started telling us to put Avery on her belly, and let her have 'tummy time'. This is where the baby lays on his/her belly, and it kind of forces them to lift their neck and head. It strengthens those muscles, which are imperative for holding their head up, sitting, up, and much more. Avery hates tummy time- it's hard work! She fusses, and usually face plants at least once each time.

Up until yesterday that is!

I totally forgot that my sister-in-law passed on to me a play mat with bright colors, flowers that make noise, and hanging rings for the baby to reach and play with. I brought it down from the man cave, and Avery LOVED it! Maybe it was the change of scenery- but there was no fussing, and a lot of laughter!!

I can see so clearly how her mind is developing, and how she;s becoming much more aware of her surroundings! She reaches for toys, holds onto things, and will laugh and smile when toys make noise. What an amazing thing to witness!

1 comment:

Katie said...

That is so sweet. :)Reading about where Avery is and other gal pals and their babies brings back so many memories and reminds me what is in store come July. Even thoug I went through it with Sarah, I can't believe I forgot so much already. :)