Monday, January 16, 2012

Shake your boom-boom and repeat


For the last three and a half weeks I've been a member of the YMCA, and have been working really hard to make it a priority to go to the gym as often as possible!

John has been awesome about working his schedule around mine so that I don't have to bring Avery to Child Watch at the gym. I don't mind her being watched there, in fact I usually end up having to bring her twice a week, but when she's been watched by someone else all day, I like for her to be home with either both or one of us after work.

I've been enjoying the classes A LOT, and even go to Zumba off-site at a studio near my house taught by the instructor I really like from the Y. I've recruited a lot of friends: Kelly, Claire, Lindsay, Jenna, and Jess over the last week! It is SO much more fun working out with girlfriends :)

Although I haven't shed a crazy amount of weigh yet, I have lost a few pounds since Christmas, and certain areas are more tone, which is what I'm going for.

This is a huge deal for me, and I celebrate it before, during, and after every single workout! I hate, loathe, despise, and dread working out, but it's a must and so I am going to do whatever I need to in order to get my mind in the right place.

John has been really encouraging, and so have some of my friends- especially the ones who know this has been a struggle for me. To give you a little taste of Zumba, I added a video for you to watch.

No comments: