Tuesday, February 21, 2012

I'm still here

In case people actually do read the blog and are wondering why I haven't posted, by only excuse is that I've been crazy busy lately. Busy, but enjoying life!

Avery is at an incredibly fun age, and each day gets better and better with her! She says lots of words, and is super active! She is non-stop, which sometimes drives us crazy, but I know it means she's developing well and is exploratory. We confirmed my suspicion that she is indeed allergic to eggs. That clears up a lot, and now we have Epi-Pens on hand if she has a bad reaction to something. I love my time after work with her, and on the weekends. It really makes me miss being a stay at home mom. I'm so looking forward to the summer when I get to spend even more time with her, and now that she'll be a bit older, we can do some really fun things this summer!

Work is going really well, and I feel like I'm making a difference in the life of my students. I love my co-workers, and couldn't ask for a more supportive staff to work with!

John and I decided a few weeks ago to leave the church we've been attending for almost 6 years, and try new churches. So far we've tried two churches (1 church we've been to twice on a Sunday morning, and 1 church we attended their Saturday evening service), and have really enjoyed this new experience! We've both been sorely missing men's/women's ministry groups where we can learn from people 'older and wiser' than us. I also really want to be able to start attending marriage and parenting workshops/seminars at the church we settle in. We narrowed our search to 3 churches in the area which are local, have small groups, men's/women's groups, and great children's programs. We're being realistic about how long it will take to find the right fit, and have a goal of two-three months of trying our new churches. Hopefully it takes shorter, but we're prepared if it ends up taking a while.

I've been working out pretty consistently since right after Christmas. I hate getting ready for it, but in the middle of it, and afterwards I love it! I've seen some results, but nothing to brag about.

Life is good, and we feel immeasurably blessed right now!

1 comment:

LadyShep said...

I read your blog!!! Keep it up!