Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Countdown

I've never been much of a countdown person. I didn't have one while I was engaged. I didn't have one when I was pregnant with Avery, and I don't have one now that I've made the decision to not return to work next year. A part of me gets excited when I hear how many days left til something, and then another part of me gets anxious, and stressed!

There are 7 more weeks til the end of the school year, and I'm pretty stoked about it! I cannot wait to be home with Avery, be productive in my home, go to the gym in the morning rather than after a long day at work, and there's a laundry list of other reasons.

However, I am not going to work the next 7 weeks with all of that on my mind. Rather, I am going to work with excitement, effort, and with a good work effort. I refuse to 'check out to lunch', just because I know I won't be returning next year. At times it will be hard, but my Dutrow staff has been amazing this year- and I need to return the favor...especially these last 7 weeks.

No comments: