Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Decision



I am so excited that John and I made the decision for me to be a stay at home mom again next year!! It's a decision that we've been talking a lot about, and praying about for months now and both feel it's the right decision for us, and Avery. People have very different opinions and thoughts about working moms, and stay at home moms. Sometimes people think they are helping by throwing their opinions and thoughts at me about my decision. You're not making things easier, or enlightening me. Some people think I'll get bored staying at home, some people have said I will regret this decision, some people think I'll get sick of Avery...


I have really appreciated those who have offered to pray for me while making my decision, and those who have said they would support me either way.

Our childcare situation this year has been a roller coaster and it’s not looking much better for next year. We've been juggling numerous sitters this year, and it has been a very overwhelming stressful issue. I have absolutely LOVED being an Interventionist, and Dutrow has been an awesome school to work at- but without having family in the area to fall back on, working full-time just won’t work for now. I am going to explore maybe working part-time like I did last Spring (I worked about 12 hrs a week for a few months), but definitely nothing full-time.

I feel so grateful for the opportunity to try a new job, and work at a new school. I can honestly say it has been the best year of teaching I've had over the last 7 years, but I have really missed being home with Avery, and feel strongly it's where I need to be.

So bring on lots of diaper changes, potty training, a messy kitchen, trips to the park, doctor visits, and playdates!! A new chapter begins...

2 comments:

Beth said...

Leah,

This is a very interesting topic--interesting in that everyone has such an opinion on it, and say things that I am not sure they realize how it will affect the person they are talking to. I would love to pick your brain about this, as we are talking about "the decision" as well.

Good for you at having the chance and opportunity to stay home--childcare is expensive and being able to stay home with your child and watch him/her grow has to be amazing. So congrats to you and your family on making this decision and maybe down the road you will find a reliable source for Avery that you feel comfortable with and maybe even go back to work. But it is up to you and your family, no one else :)

Jen said...

I'm sure the two of you will have an amazing time together!