Monday, August 27, 2012

Learning about her

Avery is a complex little girl. And although she's only 2 (well, two months shy of 2 yrs), she can be very complicated and complex.

I'm sure a lot of kids are like this; changing all the time, sometimes hard to predict, and with an interesting personality. You'd think that after almost 2 years of being her mother that I would have figured her out by now, but I haven't.

She is always surprising me, and showing me new and different sides of her personality. She keeps me on my toes. Most times, she is very outgoing, chatty, and busy (aka into everything and anything)! But there are times when I find her in her playroom quietly 'reading' a book, or when I go into her room to wake her from a nap or in her morning, she is sitting quietly in her crib chillin' out.

I always wonder what she's thinking. Does she think I'm funny, or is she pity laughing at me? Does she think things are unfair right now? Like when I take something from her, is that unfair or does it just make her plain old mad?

I'm rambling. But I'm looking at my beautiful daughter, and thinking to myself, 'I still have so much to learn about her!' Thank goodness she's all mine :)

No comments: