So I don't think I've posted one of these in a while. There are a few random things going on in life right now. Nothing too spectacular and/or crazy, but worth 'talking' about:
* We went for another ultrasound yesterday and double checked baby #2's gender: she is still a girl: Lucy Mae Dorr
* I really like the middle name Mae (especially the way I'm spelling it), but John said he isn't sold on the name so we may explore other names. I'll keep you posted.
* Avery is a month away from being 2 years old. Shut the front door! Didn't that girl just turn 1?!
* I'm adjusting better to being a stay-at-home-mom. Some days it's easy, and other days it's a challenge.
* I joined a mom/kid group called mom2mom. We meet at PCC (Peninsula Community Chapel) every Tuesday for 2 hrs for 11 wks. I loved the first one yesterday!
* The tag line is 'Developing moms with heart and brains'. Isn't that cool?! Each week there is a different speaker and the topics vary from meal planning to keeping your child healthy through winter/flu months, to having and passing along a positive self-esteem to your child, and auto 101 (checking the oil in your car, checking air pressure in your tires and so on).
* Claire and I went to the Children's Museum in Portsmouth today with the kiddos and had a blast! They had a great time, too! I can't wait to go again!
* The weather has been getting cooler, which I am so super thankful for and with that comes pumpkin and apple everything...candles, coffee drinks, treats...yum!
* We are loving our church and are becoming more and more involved. We have joined a small group which will be starting next week, and we are both going on the women's/men's retreats in September and October.
* Avery is still really strong willed, but I feel as though I've learned so much about her since being at home with her full time. I understand her a little bit better, and we're working as a team :)
No comments:
Post a Comment