Thursday, October 4, 2012

Room for improvement.

Since becoming a full-time stay at home mom, God has really shown many areas of my life that I need to work on. I worked part time when Avery was 4 months old-8 months old, and then started working full time when she was 10 months old. My weaknesses weren't as glaringly obvious to me then, perhaps because I was at work for either part, or most of the day. But I've been at home full-time since June, and it's time that I confront the areas of my life that need attention.

Some of these areas I'm ok being open about, and others I am choosing to keep private. I definitely have inadequacies, and parenting just shines a big bright light on them. I need to be more patient, and slower to anger/impatience when dealing with Avery. She is in the 'terrible twos' stage right now and defiant. There are many days when she is as sweet as can be, and then there are days when it seems as though her personality has been taken over by a totally different child who is overly emotional, irrational, and just a wreck! I need to work more at making meals on a consistent basis. I'd say right now I cook 3-4 nights a week, but I can do better. My goal is to do a solid 4 nights a week, maybe even 5! I need to get better at setting time aside for God, and not filling my day with junk and commitments. I love church and going to small group and Bible study, but that isn't enough. I need to be having time alone with God. I need to get better at keeping up with house chores. My house is always clean, but the laundry is hardy ever done. It is the bane of my existence.

It may seem as though I'm being hard on myself, but I need to be every once in a while. I think I get too relaxed and too comfortable in the day-to-day. Challenges are good, and I want to be the kind of woman who is always looking for ways to improve herself as a Christian, wife, mother, friend, and so on. Change is scary (to me at least), but soooo many awesome things come out of change. Thoughts?


3 comments:

dear willow, said...

Have u read "unglued"? Highly recommend!!! :)

Lindsey Ralls said...

I'm.the same way with meals and laundry, definitely need to work on those areas..if only cereal were an acceptable dinner option ;)

Susan Fowler said...

I love reading your blog-- so honest. :)