Oh.my.word.
Just typing the title of the blog got me a tad nervous! Of course I'm exited, thrilled, and elated, but believe me...nervous and anxious are among those feelings as well!
My due date is 2.27.13, but because Avery was so big, my doctors want to induce me at 39 wks (a week early) to help with the size of the baby. Of course I'm totally fine with that, and that would put Lucy's arrival on/around 2.20.13. Ahh!
Maybe you can blame it on the 'nesting mentality', but I've been saying no to a lot more lately, or at least trying to. I'm really trying to protect my/our calendar and if I don't say no to certain things (even the really good things in life), the next month will fly by (even faster than it naturally will) without any quality time spent with Avery and John. Saying no is hard for me, but I'm finding so much value in not running around, not being over-committed, and being a little more inward focused. Sometimes I feel selfish about it, but then I realize it's not selfish at all to want to focus on my family, and our little unit before we add another person to the mix!
There's a part of me that gets sad when I think about what Avery's life will be like in a month...very different! There's no way around it. Her life will be totally different. I know it's not a bad thing, just different. But different is usually hard at first. I hope I adjust well, too. I hope I don't lose my patience (who are we kidding?!) too much. I told John a few weeks ago that I want us both to make a concerted effort to spend quality/special time with Avery after Lucy is born. Even just a simple trip to the store, or taking her on a walk will remind her how much we love her. Ok...I'm rambling.
Please pray for me. I'm getting anxious. I'm feeling nervous. God has it all under control.
No comments:
Post a Comment