Sunday, February 17, 2013

Friends who are pregnant together, stay together

I'll never forget 4th of July weekend this past summer when Katey stopped me before we walked down to the beach and said, 'So, I wanted to tell you something before the day got crazy and we didn't have a chance to chat. Matt and I are expecting again...!' I looked at her with a smile, and said, ''Us too!!'

Meet my friend Katey! This is our second time around being pregnant together! When I was pregnant with Avery, she was due 3 weeks after me, but had Piper a week early, so Avery and Piper are 10 days apart. This time around, we are due 2 days apart with my due date being 2/27 and hers being 3/1. And no, we did not plan this! Our husbands however may be a different story... :)

I love being pregnant with other close girlfriends! Pregnancy is such an emotional time, and it's nice being able to share it with a friend who understands what you're going through physically, and how you're feeling emotionally. Although our friendship has changed over the years, and we've added more kids and miles between us to the mix, we try to keep up with each other. I think the friendship our family shares (we affectionately call each other DOLLERS) is special, and a forever friendship; regardless of life's circumstances.

Last night we got to celebrate Katey and Baby Quinn. The shower was given by her girlfriends in Va Beach, and it was intimate, sweet and special! Since this is Katey's 3rd girl, they asked people to contribute towards a stroller instead of buying more pink (which she already has plenty of!). There was a time at the end set aside to pray for Katey and Quinn, and it was so special. I loved hearing people pray verses over Quinn's life, but I think what was even more powerful was that we were able to pray those verses knowing they are truth!

 At Katey's shower in 2010. I think we were around 34 weeks or so.
 At Katey's shower last night. Both of us 38 weeks.

Katey is an awesome mom, and Matt is an incredible dad! They take their roles very seriously as parents, and have raised great kids! John and I have learned a lot from watching Matt and Katey parent their two girls, and I can only hope it rubs off on us a we parent our two girls.

No comments: