There are all sorts of things floating around in my mind. Here are a few...
* I'm scheduled to have a baby on Thursday. Say what?!
* My mom is flying in Tuesday night and staying for a few weeks to help. I cannot wait! She will be a huge help with both girls!
* Avery has been doing great with potty training and I hope she keeps it up! Only using a diaper at naps/bedtime is cutting down on diaper money, which is nice because we will shortly be spending tons on diapers again!
* I've been doing really well with cooking meals during the week, but my baking has slowed down. I knew it would. I knew it was just a phase (probably brought on my pregnancy or something crazy) and that's ok. I'm not a huge baker, but I do like to cook.
* I started to get sick a few days ago, which is a bummer for SO many reasons: I'm having a baby in a few days, and I haven't been sick in over a year. I guess I was due to get what everyone else has been sick with for months.
* We've been in a small group since September and I love it! The people are great, and I feel like we are learning a lot about God through the study and people in the group.
* I've been trying to simplify my life the last few weeks and although it's uncomfortable, I have to say I think it's been better for me and my family. Having more family time has been nice, and saying no to certain people and things has value!
* Although I hate missing out on social gatherings, I've found that the ones I say yes to I enjoy more because I'm not spread so thin.
* We are hosting Easter at our house with some friends and I'm looking forward to it! Easter is just a week after my mom leaves to go back home, so it'll be during a time of transition, but I think having it at my house will be easier than going to someone elses house who doesn't have all the baby 'stuff'.
* I don't watch Downtown Abbey, but I hear about it all the time. In fact, we don't watch a lot of shows that everyone is talking about. The only shows I really make an effort to watch is New Girl and Glee. Sometimes we'll catch Modern Family, but we have group Wed nights so we usually don't catch it.
* John is taking a full week off when the baby comes, and a week of 1/2 days which will be awesome! When we had Avery he was only home for 3 days, and 2 1/2 days. This will be much better!
* We went to Great Wolf Lodge (a massive indoor water park) with some friends last weekend for free and had a blast! We were only there for 3 hrs because we had a party with our small group that night, but it was just the right amount of time!
No comments:
Post a Comment