Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Is something wrong with me?

She ate breakfast, she played, I got her ready, I took her pictures, and I dropped her off in the drop off lane, we said goodbye. That was how her first morning of pre-school went yesterday! There were no tears (from either of us!), no sad emotions, and no feelings of 'My baby has gone off to school...I miss her so much already!". Is there something wrong with me? I mean I'm pretty sure the answer is 'no', but when I compare myself to my friends and the Facebook world (which I do all time!), my response was extremely different to other people. I read status update after update about how the moms were crying, the kids were crying, they stayed in the parking lot to make sure they got in ok, the hours went by slowly....

Um...I didn't experience any of those emotions! Avery and I were both ready, and excited for her first day! John and I have prepared Avery for her first day of school for months...literally months! We've talked to her about how she was going to go to school and make friends, play with new toys, have a teacher to hug, and so on. I've prepared myself by setting goals/having realistic expectations for what I planned to do with the time she is gone (9:30-12:30). When I got home from dropping her off (and school is literally 3 minutes from our house so it's nice and close!), I fed Lucy, put her down for a nap, showered, and did my Bible study. It was really nice to have some time to myself, and only be concerned with one child!

John took a 1/2 day and we both picked her up from school. She was so excited and surprised to see us! The teachers said she did GREAT, and that was she the only child who didn't cry- LOL :) She was ready!

My social butterfly needed this; she needed time out of the house, without me. And I love that she's independent (most of the time), and ready to experience new things with new people! As usual, I need to work on not comparing myself, my kids, and our lives with other people. It always turns out ugly and I hate that! God has created each of us differently; wired each of us differently!

Here are some pictures from yesterday morning!











No comments: