Friday, December 12, 2008

Celebrating other people's blessings



John and I are so excited for this weekend because we get to spend it with our best friends, the Tollers! We are headed to Roanoke, VA for Katey's baby shower. We've been looking forward to this weekend for many reasons, one because we get to hang out with the Tollers, and two because we get to share in Katey's baby shower. Katey and Matt have struggled similarly to us with pregnancy issues, and baby Kaiten Rae is a true blessing! Although it is sometimes hard to continually attend other people's baby showers, I am always reminded to not be jealous of other people's blessings. I think that is we admitted it, a lot of us struggle with this. It obviously doesn't have to be with a baby, but so many other things such as a friend getting a new car, a family member getting a nice raise, or bonus at their job, someone getting praise that you feel you deserved, a co-worker having a nicely decortated house, a friend having top of the line electronics...the list can go on and on!

That is such a hard lesson for me! I hate to admit it, but I have a jealous streak, and I try so hard to not let it get the best of me. It is a part of me that really bothers me, and I know it's not something that makes God proud. It's so crazy how something as special as a birth of a baby, or the news that a dear friend is pregnant can draw out jealousy in me. I know that is not God's best for me, and that I should celebrate with my friends, and not focus on our losses.

God continually reminds me through his voice, and the voice of friends, that John and I will one day celebrate the birth of our child. God will one day (hopefully soon) bless us with a healthy baby, and I know that we'll be surrounded with family, and friends at a shower of our own. Until then, I need to continue to work on patience, and faith that God has a plan for John and I as parents. There is no doubt that God moving us to West Virginia was part of a special plan to help us get closer, and form an even tighter bond as husband and wife.

3 comments:

Rob said...

I love the Tollers! This was a very honest and open post. Thanks for sharing it.

The DeLongchamp Family said...

The support and love you have shown to us means more to me than you will ever know. You are such a special friend Leah. Love you guys!

Matt & Katey said...

That's right- I second what Ambre said! You have been ABSOLUTELY AMAZING- even though I know you've struggled! I love you and I'm SOOOOO glad that you were there- the weekend would not have been the same without you! We made some GREAT memories! :-) I lol just thinking about it! I can't wait to see you guys again! We need our Dorr fix!!! :-)