Wednesday, December 3, 2008
Running
So, a few months ago John started to exercise, running to be specific and he loves it! Not only did he lose over ten pounds, he feels better too. We are members of the YMCA here, and have been going pretty consistently together since living in WV. I decided to give running a chance. I normally go on the eliptical machine, and then do some free weights. I have a serious hatred towards running because I have asthma, which makes any exercise, but specifically running near impossible. I am glad to announce that I ran 1.2 miles today! I was SO proud of myself, and John was so proud of me too! If you know me, you know it's a big deal for me to exercise, and an even bigger deal to run! If you are into running, and have any tips, or pearls of wisdom you want to throw this way, please do so! I really want to keep it up so I can lose some weight, but also be healthier overall. My goal is to go to the gym four-five days a week, and run about three of those days. Again, please let me know if you have any tips. Thanks :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I used to run and I always felt better not just physically but more ready to handle stress when it came my way. My mind was clearer. I remember the time I ran two miles with Dan and I was less winded than he was. Boy I miss those days. I will have to get into it again in the spring. I have a pretty hilly road so it will add some extra challenge to lose my wait. All in all I will have about forty pounds to lose after the wee one gets here. She better take at least ten of it with her (not on her just with her.)
Hey Leah, I don't know if you remember me or not, but we were in your sunday school class at Bethel a while back,I saw your blog through Katie. I wanted to tell you I was praying for you when I saw your "rough patch" post. Brian and I lost our son in February at 20 weeks, and it is never easy. I just have been wanting to let you know, we were praying for you. After losing the baby I got into a huge health kick, and started running, even did a 5K race. My advice is this. Pace yourself, get good music to keep you going, and get a good pair of shoes(it makes a world of difference). Add a little distance at a time and before you know it you'll have done more miles than you ever thought you could. Good luck. Exercise is a great stress reliever ;-) -April
Post a Comment