We woke up this morning with plenty of time for us to both get ready, and eat breakfast before going to church. I showered first, b/c I take longer to get ready. With about a half hour before we had to leave, I told John he had to get ready. He didn't say anything, so I said it again. He yelled from the kitchen that he was busy. I thought maybe he was reading an article or something. With 20 minutes left to get ready, I nicely reminded him that he had to get ready. He yelled up that he was busy...still. With only 5 minutes until we had to leave, I gently reminded him to get his butt in the shower, and bust a move. I asked what he was so busy with, and he said in a weird voice, 'I'm picking the green peppercorn out of the jar.' I thought he was kidding. Nope...totally serious! I come downstairs to the kitchen and John has peppercorns all over the counter top and an extremely frazzled face. He had just spent the last 30 minutes picking out the green peppercorns out of the jar, b/c he said they taste bad. We both laughed about how 'in the zone' he was over silly peppercorns, but really...this is how John is wound!! I finally convinced him that getting ready, and heading out for church was more important. As soon as he walked in the door after returning from church, what do you think he did? You got it! He spent another 20 minutes picking the green ones out of the jar. So, lets do the math. My husband, the physicist, spend a total of 50 minutes picking green peppercorns out of a glass jar. John Jacob Dorr, I love you!
Sunday, January 4, 2009
John is 'special'...
So, we all know what it means when we say someone is 'special'. There is something different about them. Well, if you know John...you know he's 'special', but that is why I LOVE him! There are a lot of times when John gets distracted with a task, but this is probably the best one yet!
We woke up this morning with plenty of time for us to both get ready, and eat breakfast before going to church. I showered first, b/c I take longer to get ready. With about a half hour before we had to leave, I told John he had to get ready. He didn't say anything, so I said it again. He yelled from the kitchen that he was busy. I thought maybe he was reading an article or something. With 20 minutes left to get ready, I nicely reminded him that he had to get ready. He yelled up that he was busy...still. With only 5 minutes until we had to leave, I gently reminded him to get his butt in the shower, and bust a move. I asked what he was so busy with, and he said in a weird voice, 'I'm picking the green peppercorn out of the jar.' I thought he was kidding. Nope...totally serious! I come downstairs to the kitchen and John has peppercorns all over the counter top and an extremely frazzled face. He had just spent the last 30 minutes picking out the green peppercorns out of the jar, b/c he said they taste bad. We both laughed about how 'in the zone' he was over silly peppercorns, but really...this is how John is wound!! I finally convinced him that getting ready, and heading out for church was more important. As soon as he walked in the door after returning from church, what do you think he did? You got it! He spent another 20 minutes picking the green ones out of the jar. So, lets do the math. My husband, the physicist, spend a total of 50 minutes picking green peppercorns out of a glass jar. John Jacob Dorr, I love you!

We woke up this morning with plenty of time for us to both get ready, and eat breakfast before going to church. I showered first, b/c I take longer to get ready. With about a half hour before we had to leave, I told John he had to get ready. He didn't say anything, so I said it again. He yelled from the kitchen that he was busy. I thought maybe he was reading an article or something. With 20 minutes left to get ready, I nicely reminded him that he had to get ready. He yelled up that he was busy...still. With only 5 minutes until we had to leave, I gently reminded him to get his butt in the shower, and bust a move. I asked what he was so busy with, and he said in a weird voice, 'I'm picking the green peppercorn out of the jar.' I thought he was kidding. Nope...totally serious! I come downstairs to the kitchen and John has peppercorns all over the counter top and an extremely frazzled face. He had just spent the last 30 minutes picking out the green peppercorns out of the jar, b/c he said they taste bad. We both laughed about how 'in the zone' he was over silly peppercorns, but really...this is how John is wound!! I finally convinced him that getting ready, and heading out for church was more important. As soon as he walked in the door after returning from church, what do you think he did? You got it! He spent another 20 minutes picking the green ones out of the jar. So, lets do the math. My husband, the physicist, spend a total of 50 minutes picking green peppercorns out of a glass jar. John Jacob Dorr, I love you!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Lol- John sure is special! That's a GREAT story! We can't wait to see you guys!
If there were an emoticon with a raised eye brow and amused look, I would use it.LoL
That's some serious dedication. I'm impressed once again by John Dorr.
I'm impressed you have green peppercorn at your house. I don't know what it is but if I ever need it picked I'm calling John.
This post had me roaring. John is so funny! Love you guys, miss you! Don't forget Florida this spring - let's make it happen!! Jen
I found this quite hummerous and saw john at the table frustrated. got to love him.
Post a Comment