Thursday, April 23, 2009

New song

We all go through times in life when we need a pick me up. I'm there.

There are a few things going on in life right now that are making my joy cloudy, and I hate that...

I started writing down the things that are robbing me of joy, and then decided to STOP. Instead of complaining, being bitter, feeling cheated, feeling envious, worried, competitive, and the list goes on...I decided I want to sing a new tune...I want to sing a new song.

I want my song to be one of thankfulness, joy, anticipation, excitement, and most of all...PRAISE!

Lord, I am thankful for the following people, things, and circumstances...

* The relationship I have with you. I know the highs are high, and the lows are low, but I wouldn't trade it for anything in the whole world.
* The marriage John and I have. Never perfect, or without flaw, but always full of love, and fun!
* The friends you've put in my life that keep me strong, encouraged, and laughing.
* The new job you've provided for John.
* The new job you will provide for me.
* Music
* Sushi
* Ice cream
* Our new house (it is a blessing, it is a blessing, it is a blessing...)
* Darleen (my mother-in-law who is a fierce painter)
* Completed home improvement projects
* DVDs
* Jack Johnson
* WEC
* The baby you're going to bless John and I with someday
* Pedicures
* Flip-flops

Some of you may be reading this thinking I am stupid, and childish. You may not need to write/type the things, people, and circumstances that you're thankful for. Maybe your life is going well, and your song is not in need of repair, but mine was.

Sing a Song
~Third Day~
A song of Your faithfulness
A song of Your grace
And of Your loving kindness
To the glory of Your name
With everything that's in me,
Lord listen to me say
I want to sing a song for You
I want to sing a song...

4 comments:

Katie said...

Leah, I would never think of you as childish. My heart hurts for you and my eyes tear up as I read your post. I miss you so much! You will have that beautiful baby and I want to say now, I volunteer to babysit.

Anonymous said...

Leah, your honesty is inspiring! Hearing that you're going through tough times and being so far away form you hurts. I wish I was there to listen to you and give you a hug. Far from being childish, I think it is very brave of you to respond to tough times by trusting Jesus and focusing on what you're grateful for. I, too, am grateful for flip flops. : ) ~Jen

Dick S said...

Leah,

I often think of you singing "I Can Only Imagine". Hope I get to hear it again.

Keep on singing praises to the Lord. Neither He nor you will ever tire of them!

Dick S (Jen's Dad)

Hi to John!

Rob said...

Great post! It's a great idea. There are too many negative people around. Great job at turning it to praise.