Monday, January 4, 2010

I think I'm still dethawing...

I've been not looking forward to this day since I left my classroom on Tuesday, December 22nd. Now for all of you who are not teachers, you probably think Winter Break is a luxury...nah...it's a necessity!

I made a nice home cooked meal last night, with LOTS of left-overs for this week's lunches. I anticipated a busy week of catching up after a week and a half of no school. I woke up this morning with a really good attitude, and positive mindset. 'It's going to be a great day!'

Today I returned to work, and to a veryyyyyyyyy coooooooooold classroom! The thermostat showed 48 degrees in my classroom. I quickly put my jacket back on and visited a few other classrooms to see if they were experiencing the same thing. They sure were...the heat was broken in the building! There was a Kindergarten classroom down the hall, and their thermostat was at 40 degrees!!!!

What a horrible way to return to work! They were able to get the heat working again, and now my students and myself are slowly de-thawing...but it's been a pretty rough morning!

No comments: