Thursday, April 22, 2010

The Belly Book

My best friend Katey bought this pregnancy journal when she was pregnant with her daughter, Rae. She loved it, but I think I loved it even more! It was so fun when we visited to look through her pregnancy journal, and see all her ultrasounds by week, read about major milestones, and get to peek into the special 'details' of her pregnancy.

The book breaks your pregnancy into the three trimesters, and designates certain pages for you to put belly pics, ultrasound pics, write about hearing the heartbeat for the first time, journal about cravings, write about how you told your partner you were pregnant, and lots more.

I decided that when John and I became pregnant again, I would buy the same pregnancy journal. I waited until I was out of my first trimester to buy the book (as I did with many things: not reading baby or maternity articles, not allowing myself to look at any baby 'stuff' and so on...) I bought this book on Amazon about two weeks ago, and it's been SO much fun to journal in along the way, about the BIG and LITTLE things.

I'm hoping it's something fun for people to flip through when they come by the house to hang out, to show family and friends from out of town who haven't had a chance to hear the 'details' about the pregnancy, and ultimately...to show Baby Bean when he/she is old enough to appreciate it!

By the way- this would make a GREAT gift to give a spouse, friend, or family member after finding out their pregnant! Many people don't even know these cute little journals are out there, and would probably love a simple place to 'house' all their thoughts.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I knew as soon as I saw the title to this post what it was. I have that book. :) I loved it.