* Hand-eye coordination...check
* Lots of drool (which has the enzyme to break down solid foods)...check
* Interested in what we're eating...check
* Somewhat sitting up without help...check
The last few days I could tell that even after a regular feeding (of breast milk) she was not totally satisfied, so I decided to start rice cereal on Monday...and that little girl was so ready! Of course in the beginning it's a little awkward, and she didn't know exactly what to do with the spoon, and pasty new texture, but she quickly learned to like it!
It's a small step towards Avery growing up, and growing out of the infant stage! The last few days I've been giving her one rice cereal feeding a day, which seems to fill in the gap of her hunger. Soon we'll start doing two feedings a day, and then eventually work it up to four cereal feedings a day. After that comes fruits and vegetables...oh my!



No comments:
Post a Comment