
The forms show where the concrete patio will be. The section of the deck with no railings and posts is where the steps will be going down to the patio and grass.

A lot has been going on home improvement wise the last few months. We took a pretty big break from working on the house around the time Avery was born, and then John started back up again around Christmas time.
We had the deck torn down (it was in pretty rough shape from the time we bought the house), and he and a guy named Ronnie built a new deck. It's been a bit of an on and off again project because of weather, and the holidays, but it's pretty much done and looks amazing! It's a much smaller deck than what had been there before, but that's fine. The deck that was there was an awkward shape, poorly built, and dangerous to be on. Like I said- it had been in rough shape when we bought the house, but then it got pretty beat up when the contractor installed the new windows, and siding on the house last Spring. John decided that he wanted a concrete patio off the deck, as a place for our fire pit to be and sort of an extension off the deck. Now there's lots of room for patio furniture, the fire pit, and friends...I'm even thinking of getting Avery a little kiddie pool for this summer to put on the deck!! I tried to find a before picture of the deck, but I couldn't. The only ones I could find were from when the back of the house was getting new siding last spring.
John has also been working a lot on the garage. He tore out some of the old sheet rock, and put up new sheet rock and closed in one of the beams to the garage. He also installed six can lights, which really brightens the garage, and gives it a much more 'finished' look. I don't have pictures, but trust me- it's looking much better than it was before! It's a much more functional space now, instead of a dumping ground for tools and whatnot.
Of course there's always a laundry list of things that need to get worked on and fixed when you own a home, but I'd say we're making great progress for two people who work and have a 4 month old baby! I'll post more pictures in a week when the rest of the patio is completed.

1 comment:
I am so excited for you guys. :) Home improvement stuff like this is so so much fun and you are right, John is a genius at stretching his pennies when it comes to home improvement especially. I really are a pretty awesome and supportive wife which is always inspiring.
Post a Comment