
I'm a little emotional today...prepare yourselves...
Avery turned 9 months old today! I've actually been dreading today. Not sure why the 9 month mark has hit me harder than any of the others. I was expecting 6 months to be hard, but 9 months is harder. Probably because she's so much closer to 1 year now. I never thought I'd be this kind of person- emotional about my baby getting older and older, but I am! I've heard so many people tell me it goes by fast...enjoy every second, and boy are they right! I seriously feel like it was yesterday that I saw her for the first time and fell instantly in love.
But in many ways I am so glad she's getting older. There are so many things she can do, and I can tell she's developing in different ways. She's into exploring our house and her room, watching people do things, trying to communicate through babble, trying new foods, experimenting with what her body can do (crawling, pulling up on things, balancing etc.), playing in water, and starting to get attached to Mommy and Daddy.
She's a true joy, and I feel so blessed that God chose John and I to be her parents! She lights up a room in a matter of seconds, and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't thank Him for giving us the most precious gift. Life is definitely busy and hectic with a baby, but I wouldn't trade it for anything! Avery Paige...we love you so much, and can't wait for you to get bigger, stronger, more conversational, and if possible...even more playful!
1 comment:
Wow. 9 months. It doesn't seem like it can be that long. Our twins will be four months next month. Crazy.
Post a Comment