Sunday, July 24, 2011

SAY HEY to Danielle Peters

Danielle Peters is loved by many, and for good reason! She's one awesome girl!

Danielle and I have known each other for four years. We met in the summer of 2007, but became closer friends after I moved back from West Virginia iN 2009. We've been in two community groups together, and I am so thankful for the influence she's had on my life!

She is one of the most honest, and genuine people I know. There is not a fake bone in her body, and she can be very transparent (which I think is refreshing in a friendship)! I don't have to guess how she's doing, or how things are going in her life...she'll be honest and open with me. I love that she's not afraid to share her feelings, whether they're controversial, different than mine, happy, or sad. Danielle is a straight shooter. Like I said, I think it's refreshing to know someone who is honest and genuine in her feelings and convictions on big and small issues.

Danielle was someone I asked to be in the delivery room with me when I had Avery. There are many reasons I asked her to be there with me, but the main reason is that I knew she'd be supportive and strong for me when I couldn't be. And boy was I right! Danielle was a champ while she held up one of my legs (TMI??!!), and didn't complain once during the hour and a half I pushed. She gave me encouraging smiles, and affirming words that I was doing a good job, and making progress even though I felt like I'd push forever...no joke! Another reason I picked Danielle to be in the room with me was because I knew that if at the last minute I changed my mind and didn't want anyone in the room but John, her feelings wouldn't be hurt or offended. Some people would have made their 'role' all about them, but she didn't.

Danielle is also one of the most self-motivated people I know even though she never admits it! She has run three marathons...YES...count them...3! And I feel like she is always looking for ways to 'better herself' whether it's in her health, teaching profession, marriage, and/or friendships. Her 'never be stagnant' mentality and actions are contagious, and make me want to be the same way! I love spending time with her, and feel like she has added so much color to my life!

Danielle, you are beyond a beautiful face...you have a beautiful heart for your husband, family, students, and strangers. Love you!

No comments: