Thursday, August 25, 2011

No thank you

So if you live on the East Coast, or have Facebook you've probably heard about hurricane Irene coming our way this weekend. When I first heard about it, I thought everyone was probably overreacting (as people tend to do around here when it comes to weather), but then after seeing people boarding up their windows and talk of closing the Hampton Roads bridge Tunnel on Saturday, I quickly decided to take it seriously.

I went to a few different stores yesterday and today to stock up our pantry. I've probably mentioned this before- I am a hyper minimalist and it stresses the mess out of me to have so much stuff in our house...especially since it's just sitting around waiting to be used. I'm sure an end of summer hurricane (which I've been through before) would have stressed me out prior to having Avery, but now that I'm a mom- this storm has my panties all in a knot!

Our friends Matt and Katey have a house right on the water in Virginia Beach. Katey called me last night, and asked if she and the girls could stay here for the weekend. Of course, silly!! Matt is going to stay at their house, and keep an eye on the rental properties they manage through their family business. We'll have 3 adults, 3 kids under three, and 2 dogs in the house!

We've gassed up both my car, and Gordy and are going to move the grill into the garage so we can use it to make food if/when the power goes out. Tomorrow I'm going to move all the deck chairs into the garage too, so they won't levitate and crash into any windows or doors.

Please pray for our safety, and please pray that John and I (way more me than him...he's as cool as a cucumber) stay relaxed. When we get stressed, and tensions rise- it's really easy for us to argue and be short with each other. We need none of that nonsense.

No thank you, Irene. You can see yourself to the door!

No comments: