Saturday, August 13, 2011

You never know

A few weeks ago I was feeling dry...spiritually. After some evaluation, I've decided I'm to blame. I have not done a daily devotional or quiet time in a while and although my prayer life is healthy, I wasn't spending time in God's word. It needed to change- fast!

I looked on-line for some women's devotionals and found a highly recommended and highly rated one named The Power of a Praying Wife Devotional by Stormie Omartian. I had read her book The Power of a Praying Wife when John and I first got married, but this book is different- it's a devotional. I liked the idea of a devotional because it's more structured in the format (which is what I need) verses a book that you can fly through in a matter of days. I wanted the purpose behind this to be a steady, and consistent time with God...not a race to get to the end.

I got it in the mail two weeks ago, and after completing the first devotional, I thought to myself, 'This would be awesome with a bunch of ladies!' I knew it would be powerful to do on my own, but even more so with a group of women!

I threw the idea out there on Facebook, figuring a few people would be interested, and the response was overwhelming!!! The study has 19 women (and totally open for more) all from different stages of life, across the country...even across the world (there is a friend living in Italy doing the devotional with us) who I know will have an awesome impact on one another! I have created a group on Facebook (meaning it's a closed group to those who responded to wanting to do the devotional) where we will discuss the devotionals each week. We'll be doing five a week, which will make it a 20 wk/5 month devotional. In the Facebook group, people can post questions, comments, and post additional scripture verses that may pertain to what we're discussing. I don't think it'll be overwhelming or too much to fit into a busy schedule since they are very short devotions and we're only doing five a week.

I seriously cannot wait for God to reveal Himself to me and all the other women during the next 20 weeks! I am confident I will learn so much from the different ladies in the study. And who knows...this has the potential to be life and marriage changing! Who wouldn't want that?!

No comments: