My friend asked if I wanted to join in on a 30 day blog (I'm going to call 'challenge', since I'm not very good at blogging these days) post regarding what you're thankful for during the month of November. I said YES!
In the midst of the day-to-day, I don't always recognize and take time to be thankful, but this 'challenge' will bring attention to how very blessed I am. In absolutely no particular order...
Day 1:
My freedom! This is not a political post. I am so thankful that I live in a country where I can live freely! I can worship freely, have as many kids as I'd like without a limit (although I don't think I'll be exercising that right like some), wear the clothes I'd like to wear, say (for the most part) what I'd like to say, marry who I'd like to marry, and as you know...the list goes on. I'm sure you an think of numerous freedoms yourself while reading this. I have always been thankful for my freedom, but became even more aware of how thankful I am during/after watching the movie ARGO. I don't want to go into what the movie is about, because that's not the point of this post, but it's the very simple things which usually bring my attention to blessings.
2 comments:
So excited to be doing this with you!
That's a lovely sentiment, but keep in mind that not everyone in this country can marry who they'd like to marry.
Post a Comment