We got home from VA Beach last night around 8:30ish. We brought all our things from the car into the house, and began to unpack. I walked past the downstairs bathroom and noticed there was about 2 inches of standing water in the floor, and the sink was running! I freaked out! The first thing I thought of was, 'Oh my gosh...what if this is my fault! John is going to kill me! Did I leave the water runnning??!!' I called John to the bathroom to show him our lovely flooded bathroom. We both came to the conclusion that neither of us let the water running, and that the pipes must have burst over the weekend while we gone. That wasn't a good thing, but at least neither of us were responsible. John went down to the basement to turn the water off, and part of the basement was flooded too! Thankfully nothing was ruined! Two of my teacher boxes full of files, and books got really wet, but I moved quickly, and was able to get everything out of the boxes.
We called our friends, Heidi and Colin, and Colin came over to help John. Colin's father-in-law came over too to help, which was so great!! They helped us get all the standing water off the floor, and fifure out the problem some more. Jay told us that his pipes had burst over the weekend too because it had gotten down to -21 degrees over the weekend!!
Anyway, now wer are without a toilet, and a shower. We'll be showering at the Y until we can get all of this figured out. What a way to come home from a great weekend.
2 comments:
Yikes, awesome that you got a weekend at Virginia Beach at least. We've gotten pretty cold here, like 3 degrees, but not -21. Wow, that is cold.
The first thing I thought of when I read the blog was that you had been attacked by the Wet Bandits from Home Alone. Their calling card was to leave a sink on in the house that they robbed. At least nothing was stolen at your place.
Post a Comment