The awards ceremony
Claire, Katey, and me
Self-explanatory
All the girls: dry and pretty
John and Stew competing in the wake board wheelbarrow race!
Dan and Cam competing in the wake board wheelbarrow race!
Fierce competitors
Dan bobbing for shovels...in nasty ocean water!This past weekend we had a great time with friends at Beach Games 2010! A small group of us started this 'tradition' last year on Easter, where we played games on the beach. It was a pretty simple idea we and the Tollers came up with, and since it was so much fun, we decided to make it an annual event!
This year was a even BIGGER! There were a lot more people (18 instead of 10), and there were 7 events instead of 3. The events this year ranged from wake board wheelbarrow races to water jug relay races. It was so fun to watch the guys compete (some more competitive than others), and enjoy company of awesome friends as well!
After the events were over (which lasted about an hour and a half), we had a nice BBQ on the beach. Everyone pitched in by bringing/making food so the expense was spread amongst a lot of people.
I think the best part was just watching, and enjoying a day filled with laughter! John and I are so incredibly blessed with amazing friends! Funny, outgoing, adventerous, amazing friends!
This year was a even BIGGER! There were a lot more people (18 instead of 10), and there were 7 events instead of 3. The events this year ranged from wake board wheelbarrow races to water jug relay races. It was so fun to watch the guys compete (some more competitive than others), and enjoy company of awesome friends as well!
After the events were over (which lasted about an hour and a half), we had a nice BBQ on the beach. Everyone pitched in by bringing/making food so the expense was spread amongst a lot of people.
I think the best part was just watching, and enjoying a day filled with laughter! John and I are so incredibly blessed with amazing friends! Funny, outgoing, adventerous, amazing friends!
1 comment:
It was a lot of fun. I'm glad we got invited. I'm not sure we will get the invite next year because I didn't compete, but if we do I will bring some more costumes.
Post a Comment