Before you're pregnant, you meet/her of people who have had miscarriages, and then when you are pregnant the stories don't stop. They just keep coming, and coming...
Just when you think you're in the 'safe' zone of being past your first trimester, you hear NEW horror stories that make you even MORE nervous than when you were just a few weeks along in the pregnancy.
I'm a little over 18 weeks pregnant, and so far this pregnancy has gone smoothly. There have been so many times however, that the words people say to me fuel fear about losing the baby, instead of fuel confidence in God, and His will for this baby.
I just in the last three days read two terribly sad stories of women who lost their babies at 35 weeks along for various reasons. And although this is very uncommon, it clearly still happens. When I tell people these stories, everyone's response (including the doctors') is "Well, that is very uncommon, and the chance of that happening to your baby is so rare." When people say that, it makes me think that it can't be that rare. I mean I hear stories almost every week about women losing their babies during the 'safe' zone. And I'm sure the women who lost their babies would never have imagined that they would be part of that very rare statistic.
Constantly I have to remind myself (with a lot of help from my awesome husband), that God has a plan for this pregnancy, and our baby. Even though I can fill my mind with discouraging stories, God's truth is so much more powerful than my fear!
The following verses have been helpful to me during our pregnancy, and I keep them in my purse so I can read them when I get fearful:
"I prayed for this child, and the Lord has granted what I asked of him"
~ 1 Samuel 1:27
"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb."
~ Psalm 139:13
"From the fullness of his grace we have all received one blessing after another."
~ John 1:16
"For God has not gives us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and of a sound mind." ~2 Timothy 1:2
1 comment:
No doubt this is hard. Good for you for hitting that fear with the Bible.
Post a Comment