Monday, September 12, 2011

Sap of a mother

Time flies when you're having fun...and we sure have been having fun with Avery Paige! I cannot believe that in about 5 weeks, she will be 1 year old!!! It blows my mind! People are so right- time flies by, and no matter how hard you try to hold onto things, moments slip past you and memories start to fade.

For instance, I know that I held her a lot, took a lot of pictures (understatement of the year), and captured milestones on video, but I still feel as though I can't remember certain things about her when she was a little bitty baby. No matter how close I held her, how many times I prayed over her before putting her to bed, how much I starred at her, how much I soaked her in...it will probably never be enough for this sap of a mother! It is so true what they say about a mother's love for her child...endless, protective, and at times overwhelming.

If this first year is any indication of what the rest of motherhood will be like...I am in for quite a ride with you Avery Dorr! You are fun, energetic, dramatic, feisty, cuddly, curious, and most of all...adored by me and your Daddy!

No comments: