Sunday, September 11, 2011

September 11, 2001

I know you remember what you were doing the morning of September 11, 2001. Everyone does.

It was my freshman year of college and I had just started classes at HVCC in the Early Childhood Education department. The college I attended was in Troy, only 10 minutes from, Albany, NY- the capital of the great state...needless to say people were freaking out. My professor released us from class, and told us to call anyone we knew who lived in the city to make sure they were okay. I made sure to call my dad who travels to NYC a few times a month for meetings- thankfully he wasn't in the city on that day.

My heart breaks for the victims, families, and survivors of 9/11. My heart breaks for people left without answers. My heart breaks for our nation.

But then I'm reminded that even during our darkest hours, God never leaves us. He is faithful, protective, and loving.

No comments: