Thursday, October 13, 2011

357 days ago

I crept into Avery's room to get a peek at her tonight after she had gone to bed. I had parent conferences tonight, so I got home later than usual. She was sleeping on her side with her paci in one hand, and her other hand relaxed. She looked so peaceful as I watched her chest/back rise and go back down with each breathe.

I got emotional (surprise, surprise) remembering this time last year. My due date was October 18th, and it felt as though any day I'd be meeting her! This time last year I sat in her nursery dreaming of her arrival, and I could hardly stand the excitement/anticipation. I couldn't wait to lock eyes with her, and hold her the way only a mother can.

Sometimes I love her so much it hurts. Does that make sense? For those of you who are parents...you know exactly what I mean.

Thank you Lord for giving me the most precious gift: Avery Paige Dorr. She has absolutely redefined the word blessing!

2 comments:

Nate & Danielle said...

At this point, I can only imagine how you felt at that time last year... But I'm excited to feel that way too!! C'mon February 1st <3

LadyShep said...

I'm so glad you post about these things, and your trips and all your beautiful pictures. I love reading about Avery and how life is going for the Dorr family. : ) I miss you, girl.