Sunday, October 2, 2011

Kickoff to Fall

The birthday boy and his smash cake!
BFFs through and through :)
October babies and mommies- they are getting SO big!
Swinging at the park
Me, John, and Avery at the Fall Festival
Me and my gal- love her to pieces!

We had a great weekend spent with our friends! Our best friend's son had his 1st birthday party on Saturday (Kai) and it was a blast celebrating with him! Today we went to the Newport News Fall Festival with a friend and her two kids and enjoyed the cool weather. No doubt about it- we are people persons (is that how you word it??)! We love spending time with our friends, and feel so blessed to have wonderful people in our lives!

We are in the process of baby proofing our house, and boy has this become a project! It's much more complicated than baby gates and outlet safety covers. This is John Dorr demolition style! He has been in the crawl space under the house for days running wires so our television and crazy sound system are completely wireless- you read it...not.one.single.wire! Geeeesh! I'm sure it'll be awesome when it's done, but our living room is a mess, and our office (which is off the living room) has become the 'work space' aka dump area.

Avery's party is next in line! I really can't believe she is going to be 1! John and I feel like we were just at the hospital waiting for her to make her appearance. I can't wait to share her special day with our incredible family and friends...the same ones who prayed for her while I was pregnant, visited us at the hospital, brought us yummy meals, and loved on her (and us) over the last year.

No comments: