Thursday, October 6, 2011

Our trip to Pumpkinville

John and Avery in the corn maze.
Avery posing in front of some pumpkins and gourds. She makes anything look cute!Us on the hayride


My crew in the corn maze.


After work yesterday, we went to Pumpkinville (that's the name of the place) in Toano, which is just past Williamsburg and had so much fun! I had asked people on Facebook for suggestions of a fun pumpkin patch to go to, and a lot of people suggested Pumpkinville.


It took us about 30 minutes to get there, and it was a beautiful fall evening...couldn't have asked for better weather! We walked through the corn maze with Avery in the backpack, went on a hay ride (both were free!), and then picked out some pumpkins for our front steps. The pumpkins were pretty expensive, but you get to do the hayride and corn maze for free, so that's why they jack up the price of the pumpkins. We took lots of pictures (surprise, surprise) of Avery! She seemed to have a really good time looking at everything new around her, and she LOVES 'riding' around on our backs in the backpack. We pulled her around in a Radio Flyer(ish) wagon and she loved that, too.


I read online that you can have birthday parties there, and I was thinking in a few years, maybe when she is 3 or 4 having one of her parties at Pumpkinville. I think it would be fun to do a hayride and corn maze with a bunch of kids, and then each kid could pick out a small pumpkin (we'd pay for the pumpkins) and maybe decorate/paint it. I don't know...I'm a hyper-planner and like to think far ahead :)


Even if you don't have kids, I think it's a fun place to go to get pumpkins and support small, local businesses. They also have lots of fall/Halloween decorations and lawn stuff.

No comments: