“When you are a mother, you are never really alone in your thoughts. A mother always has to think twice, once for herself and once for her child.” ~Sophia Loren
I saw this quote, and really liked it! For those of you who are mothers (of any age), don't you agree? I find myself thinking of Avery all the time. It doesn't matter if I'm at work, playing with her, or watching a movie while she is napping. That little girl has found a way to crawl into every corner of my mind. And I don't mind a bit!
Next weekend I am hosting a Mother's Day brunch, and have invited 16 ladies to celebrate the honor of motherhood. Some of the women have grown children, and some have newborn babies! Some are mothers of multiples, and some have grandchildren- I love the wide range of mothers in my life and the unique impact they've each had on me.
I'm hoping that the brunch will be a special time of fellowship, and recognition of a special honor that God has blessed us with. And it doesn't hurt that there will be some yummy food, too :)
2 comments:
Monica is looking forward to the brunch.
Post a Comment