Wednesday, May 15, 2013

BC life

Life sure has changed since having kids. I call that life BC - before children. I hope what I'm about to say doesn't upset people. In no way am I saying that I regret having kids, or that I don't love them to pieces, but life has definitely changed, and if I'm being honest...it's much harder and complicated.

Since we are in the toddler and little baby stage, there is very little spontaneity in our lives. Avery's schedule is pretty open, with the exception of 3 hrs in the afternoon when she takes her nap, but Lucy's schedule is pretty tight. If we go places (especially with both of them) it's been planned out.

Vacations sure have changed, too! We went to Mexico twice, Europe for a few weeks, NYC and other mini beach vacations here and there BC. The only places we've gone with kids (and really just Avery because we haven't been on a vacation since Lucy was born) is NY and FL to visit family.

I miss the days of hanging out late with friends, not having to be home every three hours to feed a child, and I miss most being able to do things with John being carefree. I know that we'll eventually get back to that place again, but let's be honest...it'll be a while!

But you know what? I have gained SO much since becoming a mother 2.5 years ago! I have learned a lot about myself, my marriage has been strengthened, my patience has been tested, and I have experienced a love that is as close to unconditional as I will ever experience this side of heaven.

I am thankful for my BC days. I'm glad God had different plans for us, and that we didn't get pregnant when we wanted to. I'm actually thankful that our three pregnancies prior to Avery didn't work out (although they were so painful to go through!) because it gave us the gift of TIME! We were able to spend more time together as a couple, and grow before adding kids to the mix. Marriage is hard enough!

But I'm even more thankful for my AD days (adding Dorrs)! I love my two little girls with every fiber of my body!

 Europe summer 2008
 Mexico summer 2009
 Camping with friends fall 2006
NYC winter 2009
Mother's Day 2013 with my gals
Brown eyed sisters

No comments: