
Here I am with my 5 month belly. I can't believe we're half way there already! Some people ask me if it's gone by fast. In some ways it's gone kind of fast, and in other ways time is dragging on. I can definitely say that I love being pregnant, other than my really bad acid reflux/heartburn.
Your baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement.He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery).
2 comments:
Leah & John,
We're so excited for you. You guys are like naturally-born parents and even though you have a lot of love for each other, you have more than enough to share with this little girl.
Jennifer & Ben just left Clifton Pk for a BBQ stop at Ben's parents. They are getting excited about a move south.
We're keeping our fingers crossed for more good news.
John & Kathy
I have a dress that is almost just like that from Old Navy! Same color too.
jess
Post a Comment