After our first game night at the end of July, I decided I wanted to host another one before Avery was born...sort of like a last big get-together at our house childless (haha)! I know we'll still be able to have people over, and host parties...but it won't be the same once we have a baby. People told me I was crazy...and now I know why.
It wasn't just game night like the last one we had the end of July. I made it Game/Fall Food Night too! I made (with help from my girlfriend Jen) two pots of chili, apple dumplings, pumpkin dip, caramel apples, and pumpkin rice krispie treats. Phew! I was on my feet all day cooking/baking/cleaning, and my body is pissed about it! I tried to sit most of the night, but my clean freak self had a hard time not cleaning up after people, and making sure the kitchen was tidy.
Although it was fun having people over, I totally understand why people thought I was crazy for hosting a party two weeks from my due date! At the end of the night, I could barely move, and it was really hard to find myself a comfortable position. Oh well!
Our friends Ben and Jen from out of town made a last minute visit, and it was great seeing them! We've known Jen since high school, and Ben since college. We normally only see them once a year at Christmas when we're all up in NY visiting family- so it was great spending time with them. The just recently moved to NC, and are much closer than when they lived in Buffalo, NY...about 14 hours away!!





No comments:
Post a Comment