Before you start reading, I just want to say that this post is in NO way me bragging on myself, looking for compliments, or anything in between. It is simply my way of sharing one of the many ways God pulls on my heart strings, and bringing to my attention the many needs of others around me.
About two weeks ago I was on Facebook, and had read a post that Bethany had written about Silas. I have probably read hundreds (no joke) of status updated about Silas, but for some reason that day it hit me...I want to help the Cameron family! I realized that I'd been reading status updates about him for months, but I didn't actually know what was wrong with him, or why he was at CHKD (for those of you not in VA, CHKD is the big children's hospital in Norfolk). I did a little research, and here is what I found out from the website.
'Please keep little Silas in your prayers. He is now 20 mos old has spent the last 4 months at CHKD in VA. It started with an ear infection that triggered a reaction and his body shut down. (This family lost another boy to this same thing in August 2007. His name was Carter and he was 15 mos. old)The doctors have now determined that both Carter and Silas had a rare genetic blood disease called HLH. While the doctors have been able to revive all of Silas' organs (off dialysis, no longer on a ventilator, etc) his brain has taken a hit from the disease. The prayer now is that as his brain grows until age 3 and neurons grow around damaged cells, that his brain would heal and he would regain the neurological function he lost. He needs a bone marrow transplant to cure the blood disease and his big sister Hailey is a match! He now has to show purposeful movement, have 80% function in his kidneys and be able to sit up and play. He is hopefully coming home June 7 with in home nursing care and they will be working with him diligently using brain therapy exercises and neurofeedback stimulation in hopes of getting him up to par for a BMT.'
Crazy, huh?! This story would have touched me before, but now that I'm a mom- it touches me in a whole different way! It breaks my heart that an almost two year old is having to go through so many tests (some painful, I'm guessing) and not have a 'normal' life! I really cannot imagine if that was Avery Dorr! I would hope that family and friends, near and far, would help in every way possible, even in the little things! I had been brainstorming ways I want to help, whether it's making a donation, buying groceries for the family, or buying them a gift card to a restaurant so they can enjoy a peaceful night out for a few hours. A Pampered Chef consultant friend of mine asked if I wanted to 'host' an online Pampered Chef party, and it sounded like a great opportunity to help! It's running on going from today-June 15th. All you have to do is follow the steps below, and DONE! The money will go to the Cameron family, and you'll have done your part in helping a child/family in need! It's something small, but every little bit counts, right?!I know that if John and I were in that situation, something to take our mind off what we were going through, and someone picking up the annoying day-to-day stuff would be a huge help!
Here are the 3 easy steps I was telling you about...
1- Visit www.pamperedchef.biz/drose
2- Click Shop Online Enter Leah Dorr as Host
3- Shop away and share the link with others to help Silas' family!
2- Click Shop Online Enter Leah Dorr as Host
3- Shop away and share the link with others to help Silas' family!
If you wouldn't mind- please pass this information along to as many people you can think of! Wouldn't it be awesome if people across the nation were able to impact his life, speed up his recovery, and bless the Cameron family? Thanks everyone!
2 comments:
I have no words. I just love that you are showing love to my friends. You are precious! Silas is quite the little hero and he doesn't even know it!
i'll be ordering and re-posting! thank you for sharing! i am praying with you.
Post a Comment